February brought some new experiences for our family. I decided to try acupuncture in January to help my body ovulate (as we’d still like to grow our family), but after four sessions we decided that I should look into what else is going on in my body. I went in for an ultrasound and found out that I have PCOS: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. You can google it. It’s multi-faceted so it’s tough to explain, but I’m insulin resistant and my hormones are probably out of balance. I’m relatively thin to have this syndrome, so even tiny changes or factors like eating a banana or eating a non-organic apple can have a HUGE impact on my body.
SO, February began a bit of a lifestyle/diet change for me especially, and we’re waiting to see the results. I was prescribed Metformin (a pre-diabetic drug to help with insulin resistance) and I have been much more careful with my diet. So far, I haven’t seen too many changes and I still have yet to ovulate, but we pray that things will start to come around soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment