Anniversary J and V

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

In the hospital




Being in the hospital for Halina's birth was an incredible experience. And I decided I'd rather be in labor than helping from the other side. I now feel ever-so-slightly sympathetic for Justin during my labor and delivery. Very slightly :) it's hard to watch and not really be able to help.

Erica was induced on Thursday afternoon/evening and Hallie came early Saturday morning. To the zombie movie on late night TV that was playing. We had some amazing nurses and doctors and two hospital staff that mostly made us want to rip our hair out. University Hospital is a teaching hospital connected with the University of Colorado so it was a wide variety.

Erica was amazing and brave and strong and I found out that I missed out on fentynol! (I have no idea how to spell it.)

We stayed until Monday morning, which was fine because Sunday brought a big snow storm! Leaving the hospital was easy because I was ready to be home, but also bittersweet because Erica and I had a nice time. (Minus 16-24 hours or so in there...) We stayed in the same room, watched some awesome movies, and ate the most delicious hospital food ever. No sarcasm. Omelets, shrimp
Scampi, herb-crusted salmon, build-your-own burger, you name it! We showed the hospital staff how an adoption can be a joyful experience, even if there will be heartache at some points.

It was so strange to be home with Hallie and not Erica. Every time I introduced someone to Halina I wanted to tell them all about Erica. Which usually would make me tear up. Sometimes I tried but usually people avoid talking about the adoption process and Hallie's birth parents. We, however, feel so blessed that we CAN talk about her birth parents and we have wonderful (and comical) memories to share. I'll share some of the memories with you all. But not all. There are things about which I must not speak (right, Erica? :) )

Love to everyone!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. This made me tear up a little. :)
    I love and miss you all, and still thank God every day for bringing you into my life.
    I can't think of another family more deserving of that little miracle. Even if she is a bit of a drama queen. :)

    Love and kisses from Kentucky!

    ReplyDelete