Boston was great! My company sent me there to the ACTFL (American Conference for Teachers of a Foreign Language or something like that) conference. Gabriel (co-worker from Buenos Aires) and I sat in our booth and talked to Spanish teachers about our programs and our classes. It was very fun and it was nice to finally meet someone who works with me. Now I know that the company is real! : )
Gabriel & me outside of the conference exhibit hall on the last day
We were in conferences all day from about 9 AM until 5:30 or 6:00 PM and then got to do a little sightseeing. Friday night we walked around then went to Chinatown for dinner. It was delicious. I also got to ride a subway for the first time. It was just like in the movies. It was a bit comical that Gabriel, who speaks Spanish and a little English was showing me where to go and how to use the public transportation system. It was his first time in the US.
Saturday evening Paul, Linda, Liz, and Flo met me downtown Boston and we went out for dinner. It was SO nice to meet all of them and they are such lovely people. Paul & Linda are my dad’s cousins and Florence is his aunt. Liz is Linda’s daughter. It was very fun and I’m so glad I had a little time to get to know them.
Florence and me
Sunday the conference ended at noon so Gabriel, his brother Jorge, and I went to see MIT and downtown in the daylight. It was dark when we left the conference the previous days so it was nice to see things with sunlight! It makes quite a difference.

No comments:
Post a Comment